It was great and we wouldn’t think twice about returning.
As a reminder, we were a group of 6 that ranged in age from 5 to 77. Everyone was thrilled with the vacation. Here is a quick summary:
- We emailed in advance and were able to make room requests (ground floor) and secure dinner reservations for the first two nights prior to arriving (our room request was also honored)
- The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. This is the only AI I have been to where the beds aren’t hard and generally miserable.
- When we arrived we had fresh flowers in our rooms, a fruit tray, and (as returning guests) a bottle of tequila. A few days in t-shirts we delivered to our room with the Iberostar brand and “We’re Back” imprinted on them.
- We ate at the a la carte restaurants all seven nights. When we arrived, the front desk concierge made our reservations for the five nights we weren’t able to make in advance. Some or all of us dined at the Japanese, Steak House, Mexican, Seafood, Italian, French, and Gourmet restaurants. The French restaurant was the least favorite because of slow serve and too much air conditioning. We ate at the seafood restaurant twice. The first time the food tasted good but was served cold. Only when prompted by the restaurant manager the next day did we mention this. We didn’t complain. The next time we were there he met us and bent over backwards to ensure we had great service and hot food. In the morning we ate all of our breakfasts at La Marina. The staff were great and brought me a piping hot cappuccino as soon as they saw me coming.
- All the bartenders were great. We enjoyed before and after dinner drinks and the bartenders quickly learned what we liked and mixed great drinks using premium brands (Bombay sapphire, Absolut, Remy Martin, Courvoisier, etc.). Service around the pool and on the beach was great. We brought insulated cups and never got attitude about filling them.
- Housekeeping was fantastic. They cleaned the rooms and refreshed towels twice a day. This is the only AI I have ever been to where I don’t mind walking barefoot on the floor in my room. There is never sand, grit or dirt.
- We enjoyed the nightly shows and recommend them
- Paige participated in Lucy’s Club (the kid’s program) on multiple occasions. They seemed to be having so much fun that she asked to go. She loved it! One day she made tie-dyed t-shirts and one day dressed as a pirate and when on a treasure hunt. At night Paige participated (and performed) in the 8:00 p.m. kids programs.
- We never had trouble finding chairs by the pool or on the beach. Also, while we had read that there was a lot of seaweed on the beach, that was not the case while we were there.
- Dan and I got massages and enjoyed the spa services. They are spendy … but a great way to relax on vacation.
- I had read in advance that the hotel was pretty aggressive in marketing their new preferred guest program. On our first day the main desk concierge tried to rope me in to the “presentation”. She offered us a meal at The Grand and free massages. I politely declined and made it clear that none of us wanted to spend 90 minutes of our vacation on the pitch. That was the one and only time it was brought up. No one else in our party was even approached.
We love this resort and hope to return soon. This was the experience of all six in our party. I will say that we tried to tip all staff generously. However, I do not think this determined the level or quality of service we received. There were others who tipped nothing and they appeared to be treated equally well.
The favorite thing about the trip was definitely the resort. It is a 9 or 10 out of 10 in our book.
Thanks so much for your patience in helping us book this trip. You are definitely my go to person.
Latest posts by Kristi (see all)
- Day trips from Auckland New Zealand when stopping over - May 11, 2017
- Splashing around at Memories in Punta Cana - September 13, 2016
- Raving Review on a Hawaiian Family Getaway - September 8, 2016