- Southern Africa – Winter dry season in Southern Africa is between May and October, this is when game viewing is at its best for Safari.
- Summer wet season is between December and March, a hot and sometimes humid period. The landscape is beautifully green at this time of year.
- East Africa – all dependent on what Safari you would like to do.
- Gorilla-if hiking rainforests January and February and June to September are best.
- General Game-peak during June to October
- Kenya-best time to Safari is January to end of March when climate is mild and dry.
December to March are the best times to beach in Cape Town (South Africa), where a beach holiday in Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique Mauritius and the Seychelles are all year round.
- Cape of Good Hope – A day trip for coastal scenery, amazing sights and the chance to hang with African Penguins.
- Cueva da los Verdes – On the island of Lanzarote in the Canary Islands, take a guided tour through the cave.
- Giraffe Center – Less than an hour away from Nairobi, this center is an environmental conservation that allows people to get up-close and personal with giraffes.
- Giza Pyramid Complex – Visit the most recognized and renowned architectural structures in the world.
- Hells Gate National Park – This national park in Kenya is known for its wildlife and stunning scenery. Gorges, lakes, hot springs, and two extinct volcanoes. Running into leopards, lions, zebras, cheetahs, hyenas and vultures.
- Mount Kilimanjaro – In northern Tanzania, the inactive volcano sits at 19,340 feet and Is the highest free-standing mountain in the world.
- Victoria Falls – Bordered between Zimbabwe and Zambia, this is one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Scenic helicopter flights, bungee jumping, ziplining and whitewater rafting. There is an activity for everyone here.
- Banana Islands – a group of islands here are known for the beaches and lush forests. A place to scuba dive, snorkel, ship wreck ruins, and meet with the tribal chief of the islands.
- Boulders Beach
- The world’s second largest continent
- The Sahara Desert is the world’s largest and covers the continent of the US
- Africa is the worlds hottest continent with over 60% covered in desert and dryland
- West African CFA franc is their currency
- Africa hosts the largest desert in the world and largest river. (Sahara and the Nile)
- Water Supplies are low – please conserve water
- Avoid visiting informal area unless you are with a guide or someone familiar
- Avoid walking alone in the central business districts
You probably have seen the movie – “Out of Africa”. We went to the Karen Blixen House in Nairobi where she lived. We were able to take