Minnesota High School French Class Trip Martinique!
June 8 – 14, 2020
DAY 1: HOME/ MARTINIQUE TROIS-ÎLETS
Enjoy a driving tour of the capital on your way to the hotel to check in. Authentic welcome dinner at a local restaurant.
DAY 2: FORT DE FRANCE
Start your day with a walking tour of the capital city. Then visit a local farmers’ market and interact with the locals followed by a visit to Bibliothèque Schoelcher and la Chathédrale. After lunch spend a little time shopping in town. Enjoy a homemade dinner at the home of a local family in a local tradition called “Chez l’Habitant.”
DAY 3: LES TROIS-ÎLETS/DIAMANT/ SAINTE-ANNE
Stop at unforgettable Cap 110- Memorial de L’Anse Cafard and learn about the meaning behind the sculptures. Enjoy a picnic lunch on the beach before embarking on a coastal hike through beautiful Savane des Pétrifications. Spend the rest of your afternoon relaxing at Salines Beach.
DAY 4: FORT-DE-FRANCE/GROS MORNE
Visit An Lakou-A cultural workshop and organic farm. Participate in an Afro-Caribbean percussion and dance workshop. Meet local farmers and learn about their farming techniques. Enjoy a homemade lunch made with produce grown on the farm.
DAY 5: LES TROIS-ÎLETS
Spend the morning at Anse Dufour beach and enjoy a picnic lunch. visit La Savane des Esclaves then take a walking tour of the main Trois-Ilets district.
DAY 6: MORNE-ROUGE/AJOUPA BOUILLON SAINTE PIERRE
Visit Le Jardin de Balata, one of the Caribbean’s most well kept natural parks. Then head on to Sainte Pierre, the island’s former capital for a tour and lunch. Spend your afternoon hiking Les Gorges de la Falaise Rainforest. Enjoy a creole dinner near your hotel.
DAY 7: LES TROIS-ÎLETS / HOME
Depart for home.
- 1 Free Chaperone/teacher per 10 paying passengers (based on double occupancy)
- RT Airfare (Unless purchasing “land-only”)
- Deluxe Motor coach Transportation to all activities as outlined in the itinerary
- 6 nights lodging in 3-4 star hotels
- 2 meals daily
- Services of a 24/7 bilingual Tour Director/guide
- Cold filtered water (traveler brings reusable water bottle)
Other Optional Add-ons
- Group transfers to/from MSP airport
- Group check in at airport
- Travel insurance
- Additional free packages
- Prepaid gratuities
- Additional activities or meals
- T-shirts/backpacks/water bottles with group logo