Karisma Hotels and Resorts have always been a favorite of our agency; beautiful properties offering amazing rooms, great food, and luxurious experiences. The brand new Generations Riviera Maya, opened December 2013, did not disappoint and was a welcome stop while visiting the Riviera May, Mexico (March 2014).
Our small group arrived at Generations Riviera May on Saturday March 8th late (maybe 8:30pm/9:00pm) coming straight from the Cancun airport for a site inspection of this new property and dinner.
This family friendly, 144 all-suite resort is a 6 story building located located right next to the adults-only El Dorado Casitas Royale. This beachfront resort is the perfect option for friends and families of wedding guests at El Dorado Royale or El Dorado Casitas or those seeking a Gourmet Inclusive experience. After arrival at the property guests are driving to the beach front resort by golf cart. The resort layout is easy and convenient with all the restaurants located in one central area next to a huge pool, where musicians were entertaining guests when we arrived.
This hotel offers a variety of rooms including the Luxury Jacuzzi Suite and also one, two, and three bedroom suites. Many of the rooms have swim up rooms, including some with infinity suites with a pool right on the balcony with safety glass and gate for the kiddos. Touring the rooms had us all wanting to come back and stay in one of the fabulous swim-out infinity rooms.
The resort currently offers several Gourmet Inclusive Restaurants:
- Chef Market / Grand Cafe & Deck – a family restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner from 6am – 10pm.
- Habb / Mediterranean Restaurant & Lounge – where grilling is the predominant technique of cooking enjoy dinner and an after dinner drink between 5:30pm and 10pm.
- Palms Gourmet Terrace / Caribbean Mexican Cuisine – this vibrant seaside restaurant offers Caribbean and Mexican specialists with emphasis on authentic “street” cuisine, spices and flavors from 11am-5pm.
- Wine Kitchen / Restaurant and Tasting Room – the perfect combination of food and wine from various regions of the world are served up from 6pm-10pm.
- Jade / Pan Asian Cuisine – this cozy venue centers on sharing the flavors of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai and Vietnamese with your dining companions from 5:30pm-10:00pm.
After our tour of the property and rooms our small group of 6 had dinner at Jade. From those of us that have stayed at other Karisma resorts we have come to know the level of service and meals we can expect from Karisma and Jade did not disappoint, our meal was absolutely fantastic. The wait staff was attentive and courtesy and made the dining experience wonderful. If you have never had the opportunity to stay at a Karisma property and are considering a stay fear not about meals or beverage, they really do excel at food, wine and drinks.
The Gourmet Inclusive Experience at this amazing resort includes accommodations of your choice, all meals and gourmet bites, all domestic and international alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, 24-hour a day room service, kids menu, Eko Kids Club for kids 4-12 years of age, Beach and Pool butler, Snorkeling Equipment, Concierge and vacation planner services, all taxes and gratuities, room service family continental breakfast in 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites, library and reading area at the family lounge and family themed night in room dining in 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites. They also have many baby amenities to choose from. (inclusions subject to change without notice).
All guests 18 years and older have the option to enjoy the facilities at the adults only El Dorado Casitas Royal and El Dorado Royale, by Karisma, located next door.
We all agreed that this property lives up to Karisma standards and had us all adding it to our future travel resort wish list.
Information current as of 20 March 2014. Generations Riviera Maya by Karisma photo’s used in connection with agency partnership with Karisma. Agents that toured the property: Nora, Missy, Karen, Dave, Wendy
Latest posts by TVL Leaders (see all)
- Take All FREE with Norwegian Cruise Line ► - May 15, 2019
- New TSA Enrollment Center Opens at Travel Leaders Agency in Rochester, Minnesota - May 10, 2019
- Sail Your Way with Celebrity Cruises ► - May 10, 2019