Each honeymoon I plan is unique and customized to each couple and their desires. Honeymoons are a great time to cross items off of your bucket list. Why not spend 3 weeks in Australia and New Zealand and check off two!
Here’s an example of honeymoon ideas I had given and planned for a very adventurous couple.
New Zealand offer stunning landscapes and plenty of friendly locals to provide guidance.
What to do:
- Sea Kayaking at Cathedral Cove — This is one of the best sea kayaking trips in the country
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour — experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the Shire as seen in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit film trilogies.
- OGO in Rotorua — dive into a giant inflatable ball and roll down Mt Ngongotaha
- Polynesian Spa — enjoy deluxe thermal bathing and relaxation while overlooking lake Rotorua
- Waitomo Glowworm Cave — view thousands of magical glowworms above you as you glide silently by boat.
- Stay at Chateau Tongariro Hotel in Mount Ruapehu — In The Heart Of Tongariro National Park, you’ll volcanoes and enjoy thermal springs
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing — Provides a 19K trek that leads you up to the saddle between Mt. Ngauruhoe and Mt. Tongariro.
- Fly to Dunedin — Take a wildlife tour where you may encounter penguins, seals and albatross
- Milford Sound Nature Cruise — enjoy waterfall scenery, spot wildlife and listening to an informative nature guide.
- Explore Queenstown — visit a winery or take a scenic tour
Australia has plenty of things to see and do. There is endless beauty wherever you turn.
What to do:
- Cairns — Take an outer reef tour and explore the Great Barrier Reef
- Kuranda — You must book an all-inclusive tour on the regions oldest railway. The Skyrail Rainforest Cableway offers ocean-views and is the world’s most beautiful cableway.
- Blue Mountains — These mountains are known for inexplicable scenery, a eucalyptus forests, breathtaking waterfalls and MORE. Spend a couple nights in the mountains … you certainly will not run out of things to do.
- Sydney — Check out the Sydney Opera House, explore the harbor and make a stop at the zoo or the botanic garden
If Australia & New Zealand aren’t on your list there are plenty of other destinations our travel advisors can recommend. The sooner we start planning the more time we have to perfect!
Latest posts by Mandy Kusilek (see all)
- The Disney Dining Plan … Is It Worth It? - December 17, 2018
- This honeymoon inspiration brought to you from Mandy! - November 29, 2018
- I’m planning a destination wedding in 2+ years. What should I be doing now to plan? - November 21, 2018