Each honeymoon I plan is unique and customized to each couple and their desires. Honeymoons are a great time to cross items off of your bucket list. Why not spend 3 weeks in Australia and New Zealand and check off two!
Here’s an example of honeymoon ideas I had given and planned for a very adventurous couple.
New Zealand offer stunning landscapes and plenty of friendly locals to provide guidance.
What to do:
- Sea Kayaking at Cathedral Cove — This is one of the best sea kayaking trips in the country
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour — experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the Shire as seen in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit film trilogies.
- OGO in Rotorua — dive into a giant inflatable ball and roll down Mt Ngongotaha
- Polynesian Spa — enjoy deluxe thermal bathing and relaxation while overlooking lake Rotorua
- Waitomo Glowworm Cave — view thousands of magical glowworms above you as you glide silently by boat.
- Stay at Chateau Tongariro Hotel in Mount Ruapehu — In The Heart Of Tongariro National Park, you’ll volcanoes and enjoy thermal springs
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing — Provides a 19K trek that leads you up to the saddle between Mt. Ngauruhoe and Mt. Tongariro.
- Fly to Dunedin — Take a wildlife tour where you may encounter penguins, seals and albatross
- Milford Sound Nature Cruise — enjoy waterfall scenery, spot wildlife and listening to an informative nature guide.
- Explore Queenstown — visit a winery or take a scenic tour
Australia has plenty of things to see and do. There is endless beauty wherever you turn.
What to do:
- Cairns — Take an outer reef tour and explore the Great Barrier Reef
- Kuranda — You must book an all-inclusive tour on the regions oldest railway. The Skyrail Rainforest Cableway offers ocean-views and is the world’s most beautiful cableway.
- Blue Mountains — These mountains are known for inexplicable scenery, a eucalyptus forests, breathtaking waterfalls and MORE. Spend a couple nights in the mountains … you certainly will not run out of things to do.
- Sydney — Check out the Sydney Opera House, explore the harbor and make a stop at the zoo or the botanic garden
If Australia & New Zealand aren’t on your list there are plenty of other destinations our travel advisors can recommend. The sooner we start planning the more time we have to perfect!