Escape to Jamaica
Jamaica is another destination that’s great for groups like this as there are many all-inclusive resorts that offer amenities for teens as well as their parents. All-inclusive resorts here offer several pools, fitness centers and spas, all kinds of beach activities, and live entertainment, as well as a choice of restaurants, snack bars, and lounges. Some even have their own golf courses and water parks! There are three main resort areas in Jamaica, each with a little different “feel,” but all of which have beautiful beaches and surrounding lush landscapes.
- Montego Bay is the first area in Jamaica to be developed for tourism, and its lively atmosphere and variety of attractions will give everyone in the group plenty to keep them occupied. Doctor’s Cave Beach, one of the finest beaches anywhere, is also part of the Montego Bay Marine Park where snorkelers will find many species of marine life living on its coral reef. Chukka ATV tours, horseback riding, deep sea fishing, and golf are some of the popular activities in Montego Bay. A visit to Rose Hall is a must while in Montego Bay. A former plantation, it now encompasses several golf courses as well as lavish resorts and condos.
- Ocho Rios is also found on the north shore of the island and boasts some of the most spectacular waterfalls, hiking trails, and opportunities for outdoor adventure-seekers. River tubing, caving, ziplining and bobsledding through the rainforest are some of the activities that are popular here. The village of Nine Mile is close and is popular with Bob Marley fans as it is where he was born and is now buried. The Blue Hole and Dunn’s River Falls are two of the most visited and photographed locations in Ocho Rios.
- Negril is located on the far west end of the island and has more of a small town, laid-back atmosphere, which is not to say that it doesn’t have some lively nightlife! Margaritaville is located here – spend a day enjoying the reggae music and bouncing on their huge water trampolines. Visit the underground Roaring River Park and Cave, and be sure to sample the famous jerk chicken and callaloo (a spicy vegetable delicacy) at the 3 Dives Restaurant. Enjoy the seven waterfalls and extensive gardens at YS Falls or take a hike on the Mayfield River Walk with its 44 mineral pools and 21 natural ”jacuzzis.”
The following two tabs change content below.
Our mission is to continuously grow through innovation and dedication to excellence-one relationship, one destination, one reservation at a time.
Latest posts by TVL Leaders (see all)
- Up to 40% Off Cruise Fares with Princess Cruises - March 2, 2023
- Kids Sail Free with Regent Cruises - March 1, 2023
- Time of Your Life Sale with Holland America - March 1, 2023