Founded in 1984 and family owned, Market Square Travel is today one of the most successful travel agencies in the Upper Midwest. We offer independent travel entrepreneurs something that is quite unique in the industry. We are a boutique host agency, with a very different feel than the huge host agencies out there. Through our scale and affiliation with Travel Leaders, we can provide access to the highest commission levels, superb supplier support, and all of the marketing, training, and technological solutions an agent needs to thrive; yet our small size and family ownership allow us to offer an unparalleled level of personal support.
It sounds a bit cliché, but our agents are never numbers with us. We have two staff dedicated full time to supporting our one hundred IC’s, so the resolution to questions and problems is measured in minutes, not days. Our supplier relations are top notch and local, and our supplier reps know many of our ICs on a first name basis, meaning that inquiries and problems can quickly be resolved. Finally, all of our managers across the agency actively sell travel, which means we understand the reality of the day to day life, challenges, and rewards of the business.
The latest technology
- Client Base customer relationship management system
- GraspAgent, a real-time commission reporting and tracking tool
- Worldspan GDS for qualified agents
- CruisePro cruise booking engine
- pinSight Hotels, a hotel booking engine for non-GDS agents
Marketing and promotional support
- Lead generation program at no additional cost
- An award-winning direct mail and email marketing system completely customized to your agency and brand
- Competitively-priced website program, fully integrated into our lead generation program
- Invitations for your clients to consumer events
Dedicated support for your business
- Best practices task forces, offering unique opportunities for sharing and learning with fellow agents and selected suppliers
- Agency-exclusive FAM trips
- IATAN/CLIA cards for qualifying agents
- Low cost, professional email address
- Out of office backup coverage available
- Agent intranet with training library, booking engines, quick reference guides, and much, much more
A simplified back office
- Monthly direct deposit of commission checks
- Real time commission tracking and reporting
- Tracking/resolution of unpaid commissions at the supplier level
Strong supplier relationships
- In-person and virtual supplier visits- every week
- Top commissions and preferred relationships with all major travel suppliers, including:
No hidden costs
Access to the full resources of the Travel Leaders Network, including:
- Educational programs, including in-person and virtual training on all aspects of travel and agency operations from the nation’s leading travel office – 99% at no additional cost!
- Preferred amenities at over 1,000 hotels worldwide through the Travel Leaders Select Hotels & Resorts Program
- Complimentary guest amenities and added value programs on over 3,000 cruises annually, trough the Travel Leaders Distinctive Voyages and Amenity Departure Date programs
We are actively recruiting independent travel entrepreneurs who can demonstrate a minimum of $200,000 in annual travel sales in one or more of the following specialties:
- Luxury Travel
- Active & Adventure Travel
- Family Travel (including Disney specialists)
- Romance Travel – Destination Weddings & Honeymoons
- Group Travel
- Cruises and River Cruises
- Corporate Travel
- International Air Travel
- Leisure Travel
We don’t do cookie cutter – our small size and flexible structure allow us to customize a hosting solution that aligns with your business goals. Contact Ted Blank to learn more.
We accept agents who are new to the industry through a focused mentorship program; contact Ted Blank for more information.
“We have been with Travel Leaders-Market Square for many years and have enjoyed the outstanding relationship with management. The support is great and I know I can go to them at any time a get answers to my questions. The contacts and recommended suppliers help us provide good service to clients with appropriate rewards to us.”
– Jerry and Margaret Ford
“My experience has been fantastic! Everyone I’ve had to contact has taken the time to answer tons of questions and always responds to phone calls, emails, etc. in a very timely fashion.
I feel like I am part of a big family and everyone is there to support me along the way!”
“As an agent that came from working in an office, I experienced a very smooth transition when I started working as an IC! Market Square Travel provides a lot of the same support and tools to their IC’s (if they choose) as they do their inside agents. I live nearby an office as well and feel very comfortable in that space – they have a great system for any paperwork and mail that may be delivered to them.
The support team is extremely helpful and is very prompt on getting back to any questions or concerns you may have; from technical help to simple things like needing phone numbers. They always do their best to assist you with any issues and help find solutions to problems if needed.
The office has great relationships with their vendors and you are treated like a VIP when working with them! This means you can skip some of the lengthy phone hold times and the sales managers they work with will go to bat for you! The agency also does a great job of continuing education opportunities for their IC’s through Wednesdays with Wendy, bringing vendors in to learn more about their products, tradeshows & seminars and access to FAMs.
I’d highly recommend anyone considering becoming an IC or changing their host agency to inquire with Market Square Travel! They truly bring a large family feel to the business and will you make you a part of it!”
“The support team is the best. Always there to help out.”
“I have been in the travel business for numerous years and at one time have worked as an *inside* agent for Dave and Sandy. I enjoy working for Dave and Sandy and Dave Jr. and I feel I am very fortunate to be able to work in my home and sell leisure travel on a part time basis. I have an opportunity to see Sandy in her office periodically and she is always so friendly and has a smile on her face and nice things to say. Market Square Travel is indeed prosperous because of Dave and Sandy and Dave Jr. and all their hard work.”
“Wendy, many thanks for your willingness to help me with my struggles yesterday with ticketing. You were so patient & knowlegeable in getting the job done when I was ready to pull my hair. I appreiciate it so very much.”
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TRAVEL LEADERS TEAM?
Complete the form below and our Host Agency Manager will contact you and schedule a personal conversation about how hosting with Market Square Travel fits with your business goals.