Planning a trip to see the Passion Play in 2020?
For most of us, a trip to Oberammergau to see the Passion Play is a once in a lifetime trip. Beyond the performance of the Passion Play that happens only every 10 years, the scenery and activities available in the Bavarian Alps are all so easy to reach and explore.
Nora’s trip to Oberammergau was during an off-year, meaning they could only see the Passion Play Theater, but they spent their time viewing the painted houses, frescoes, abbeys and castles all within an easy drive. The area is known for woodcarving and fairy tale themed frescoes found on many homes and buildings.
Here are a few things to do during your visit to Oberammergau:
- Visit the Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau and Linderhof
- Take a day trip to Salzburg for a Sound of Music Tour
- Enjoy a day in Munich with a Walking Tour of the Old Town or a Segway Tour
- Visit the Ettal Abbey with its frescoed dome and distillery
- During the summer months, you can see waterfalls at Kuhfluchtwasserfalle with a short hike
To learn more, you can reach out to any of our agents and view the Visitors Bureau website.
Latest posts by TVL Leaders (see all)
- Black Friday Sale with Norwegian Cruise Line - November 23, 2020
- Air Travel Tips … Know Before You Go! - November 19, 2020
- Enjoy 20% Savings & A $500 Shipboard Credit With Regent - November 16, 2020