Planning a trip to see the Passion Play in 2020?
For most of us, a trip to Oberammergau to see the Passion Play is a once in a lifetime trip. Beyond the performance of the Passion Play that happens only every 10 years, the scenery and activities available in the Bavarian Alps are all so easy to reach and explore.
Nora’s trip to Oberammergau was during an off-year, meaning they could only see the Passion Play Theater, but they spent their time viewing the painted houses, frescoes, abbeys and castles all within an easy drive. The area is known for woodcarving and fairy tale themed frescoes found on many homes and buildings.
Here are a few things to do during your visit to Oberammergau:
- Visit the Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau and Linderhof
- Take a day trip to Salzburg for a Sound of Music Tour
- Enjoy a day in Munich with a Walking Tour of the Old Town or a Segway Tour
- Visit the Ettal Abbey with its frescoed dome and distillery
- During the summer months, you can see waterfalls at Kuhfluchtwasserfalle with a short hike
To learn more, you can reach out to any of our agents and view the Visitors Bureau website.
The following two tabs change content below.
Our mission is to continuously grow through innovation and dedication to excellence-one relationship, one destination, one reservation at a time.
Latest posts by TVL Leaders (see all)
- Up to 40% Off Cruise Fares with Princess Cruises - March 2, 2023
- Kids Sail Free with Regent Cruises - March 1, 2023
- Time of Your Life Sale with Holland America - March 1, 2023