The hardest part for most wedding couples is finding the perfect destination. When you have 2+ years to plan this allows you to take your time, and with the help of their knowledgeable travel specialist, find the perfect destination for your special day. Will it be a beach in Mexico? A chateaux in France? Or a wine estate in South Africa? The possibilities are endless!
Here are a few other things to start thinking about:
- Destination Options. Consider where you and your fiancé have traveled in the past and what you liked or disliked about those experiences.
- Wedding Party. Who do you want as your attendants? You want to give them plenty of advance notice to save for the trip.
- Guest List. You want to send out save the dates early to give your guests plenty of time to save and plan for the trip. Will you be inviting children?
- Ceremony. Consider if you want a religious ceremony and if so, which denomination. Do you want to get married on the beach? In a sheltered area? On the ship or in port?
- Location of Guests. Consider the airports that your guests will be flying from. Does it make sense to choose a destination with nonstop flight options for most of your guests?
- Cruise or Resort. When considering resorts or cruise ships for your wedding, you’ll need to consider the demographics of your guests. Are they couples, families with children, singles (young or old), elderly grandparents, disabled guests with special needs and any divorced couples. Any of these things could affect some of your choices.
- Vendors. Your wedding will have endless picture perfect moments so you should book a photographer early. The music really sets the mood so look at DJ, band or playlist options. Who doesn’t enjoy a good meal … review meal options for your guests and consider tastes and allergies of your guest list. Decorations are also important if you have a theme in mind and you can work with your agent and wedding coordinator to set the tone.
A knowledgable travel advisor can be your guide through many of these questions and help match you to the right kind of destination wedding experience.
Latest posts by Mandy Kusilek (see all)
- The Disney Dining Plan … Is It Worth It? - December 17, 2018
- This honeymoon inspiration brought to you from Mandy! - November 29, 2018
- I’m planning a destination wedding in 2+ years. What should I be doing now to plan? - November 21, 2018