Maybe you and your friends are lucky enough to be able to afford the time for a week or more together. The spa idea still flies, but with more time to spend, why not take it to a new level with a trip to a luxury spa in Mexico, the Caribbean, or Asia?
- The Sanara Resort in Tulum, Mexico is a small, boutique-style hotel on a private beach. Their Wellness Center offers a wide variety of spa services, but focuses on centuries-old Mayan healing techniques provided by professionals whose families have handed down these ancient practices through several generations. Hot stone massages, clay and mud detox therapies, and Breathe massages are other relaxing options. The restaurant features a vegan friendly menu, and all dishes are prepared from scratch with locally sourced produce and seafood. Luxurious rooms all have ocean, pool, or garden views.
- If you prefer something a little larger with more amenities, consider the Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit on Banderas Bay in Nuevo Vallarta. Not only is this resort all-inclusive, but its spa facilities have been rated among the best in the world by Conde Nast. Holistic spa treatments include hand and foot care, facials, body wraps, massages, hydrotherapy and Spa Rituals which combine the elements of harmony, well-being and health. A wide variety of dining options cater to every member of your group, from gourmet Asian Fusion to classic French cuisine and breezy ocean-front casual dining. Several golf courses are close to the resort for anyone who gets tired of being pampered in the spa, and of course all kinds of beach activities are available – sailing, snorkeling and fishing are among the most popular. You’ll want to spend some time exploring nearby Puerto Vallarta with its rich history and vibrant nightlife.
- Who wouldn’t enjoy a stay at a resort named “Body Holiday?” This luxury resort on the island of St. Lucia in the eastern Caribbean is proud of their motto, “Give us a week, and we’ll give you back your mind.” This all-inclusive resort includes a daily spa treatment and meditation, Tai Chi and Yoga sessions. Sports activities like archery, sailing, kayaking, nature walks and hikes to the iconic Piton peaks will give you a hearty appetite for dinner at one of six restaurants ranging from the award-winning, sophisticated Tao to steaks at the Pavilion Grille and a decadent snack at Afternoon Tea time, a Body Holiday exclusive tradition. A number of cozy venues at the resort give you and your friends places to meet for cocktails, game time, or entertainment. Head to the Piano Bar before dinner and the Clubhouse Lounge or Library for some table tennis or chess.
Latest posts by TVL Leaders (see all)
- Discover a Wealth of Historical and Cultural Wonders in Australia - September 19, 2023
- Norwegian Cruise Line’s Labor Day Sale - September 15, 2023
- Things to do in Africa Beyond a Safari - September 12, 2023