Choosing a Date for a Destination Wedding
There are so many things to think about when planning a destination wedding. One important thing is selecting the date of your BIG day.
Here are a few things to consider when selecting your date:
- What days of the week can guests fly to the destination easiest?
- The day of the week for you wedding day. There may only be a non stop flight option on Saturday so that may not be the best day so consider Monday so your guests have a sometime to settle in, relax and get to know the resort.
- Family birthdates and anniversaries
- The proximately to holidays
- High travel times to the destination you have selected
- If you are inviting children think about school breaks
- Consider your anniversary date – Are numbers important to you? I personally choose 11/11 so my husband wouldn’t forget. My parents got married on dad’s b-day … my mom always says it’s so he will never forget, LOL
Let’s find the perfect date and start planning your Destination Wedding!