Mother of the Groom at a Destination Wedding
My son was recently married in Puerto Vallarta at the RIU. As the Mother of the Groom, it was the most relaxing job that I have had as a Travel Advisor. My son and his bride worked very closely with the onsite wedding coordinator that I was able to put him in touch with through my connections.
As an MOG, here is my advice:
- Find the right dress — make sure that it fits with the weather conditions
- Be supportive — offer assistance when requested
- Start planning the Grooms Dinner early:
- Schedule it upon arrival of guests
- Reserve a special area in one of the restaurants for the event
- Have a speciality beverage in honor of the couple
- Decorate with wedding colors in mind
It’s also your job to socialize with the guests and make sure they are in the right place at the right time. You want to make sure they are aware of the scheduled events. You can also assist with planning an excursion for the group to get to know one another.
Is your son planning a destination wedding? Let me help with the arrangements and guide you to be the #1 MOG!!
Latest posts by Tricia (see all)
- Mother of the Groom at a Destination Wedding - April 3, 2019
- Horseback in Salta - March 27, 2019
- Mountains or Beach … Puerto Vallarta is the place to be! - August 11, 2016